This is the first service release for the Gluon 2020.1.x line, fixing regressions reported by the community.
- Fixed non-working LEDs on TP-Link Archer C5 v1 and Archer C7 v2 after an upgrade to Gluon 2020.1.
- Fixed an issue which leads to AVM FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 450E devices being stuck in failsafe mode after an upgrade to Gluon 2020.1.
- Linux kernel has been updated to 4.14.171
Out of memory situations with high client count on ath9k. (#1768)
The integration of the BATMAN_V routing algorithm is incomplete.
- Mesh neighbors don’t appear on the status page. (#1726)Many tools have the BATMAN_IV metric hardcoded, these need to be updated to account for the new throughputmetric.
- Throughput values are not correctly acquired for different interface types.(#1728)This affects virtual interface types like bridges and VXLAN.
Default TX power on many Ubiquiti devices is too high, correct offsets are unknown (#94)
Reducing the TX power in the Advanced Settings is recommended.
The MAC address of the WAN interface is modified even when Mesh-on-WAN is disabled (#496)
This may lead to issues in environments where a fixed MAC address is expected (like VMware when promiscuous mode is disallowed).
Inconsistent respondd API (#522)
The current API is inconsistent and will be replaced eventually. The old API will still be supported for a while.
Frequent reboots due to out-of-memory or high load due to memory pressure on weak hardware especially in larger meshes (#1243)
Optimizations in Gluon 2018.1 have significantly improved memory usage. There are still known bugs leading to unreasonably high load that we hope to solve in future releases.
High chance of ending in a soft-bricked state for Ubiquiti EdgeRouter-X. Workaround is to repeat initial installation using the serial console. (#1937)