End of life¶
This will be the final release of the v2018.2.x series. Updating to the v2019.1.x release series is the recommended course of action, which should be fairly easy.
- Fixes device alias for Ubiquiti UniFi AC LR. (#1834) Autoupdates on this model were impossible before, since we were missing the proper device alias.
- Add correct ath10k firmware package for OCEDO Koala. (#1838)
- Fixes various batman-adv bugs with backports from 2019.4 and 2019.5 by updating the openwrt-routing packages feed
- Linux kernel has been updated to either
- 4.9.207 (ar71xx, brcm2708, mpc85xx) or
- 4.14.160 (ipq40xx, ipq806x, mvebu, ramips, sunxi, x86).
Default TX power on many Ubiquiti devices is too high, correct offsets are unknown (#94)
Reducing the TX power in the Advanced Settings is recommended.
The MAC address of the WAN interface is modified even when Mesh-on-WAN is disabled (#496)
This may lead to issues in environments where a fixed MAC address is expected (like VMware when promiscuous mode is disallowed).
Inconsistent respondd API (#522)
The current API is inconsistent and will be replaced eventually. The old API will still be supported for a while.
Frequent reboots due to out-of-memory or high load due to memory pressure on weak hardware especially in larger meshes (#1243)
Optimizations in Gluon 2018.1 have significantly improved memory usage. There are still known bugs leading to unreasonably high load that we hope to solve in future releases.