Upgrades to v2021.1 and later releases are only supported from releases v2018.2 and later. This is due to migrations that have been removed to simplify maintenance.
Added hardware support¶
- Mi Router 4A (100M Edition)
- Missing bandwith limit settings resulted in a respondd crash for v2021.1.
- The Tunneldigger VPN provider was not registered with the Gluon VPN backend, resulting in broken Tunneldigger configurations.
- Disabling Radio interfaces in v2021.1 could lead to nullpointer dereferences in the respondd airtime module, as the survey returns no data in this case.
Upgrading EdgeRouter-X from versions before v2020.1.x may lead to a soft-bricked state due to bad blocks on the NAND flash which the NAND driver before this release does not handle well. (#1937)
The integration of the BATMAN_V routing algorithm is incomplete.
- Mesh neighbors don’t appear on the status page. (#1726) Many tools have the BATMAN_IV metric hardcoded, these need to be updated to account for the new throughput metric.
- Throughput values are not correctly acquired for different interface types. (#1728) This affects virtual interface types like bridges and VXLAN.
Default TX power on many Ubiquiti devices is too high, correct offsets are unknown (#94)
Reducing the TX power in the Advanced Settings is recommended.
In configurations without VXLAN, the MAC address of the WAN interface is modified even when Mesh-on-WAN is disabled (#496)
This may lead to issues in environments where a fixed MAC address is expected (like VMware when promiscuous mode is disallowed).